Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sigh

Just over a month ago, I developed a pilonidal cyst. If you have never heard of this before (like me) it is a cyst that develops on the tailbone. However, it's not like your normal cyst that comes out of the skin. This tends to imbed itself into your body. It is an extremely painful thing to have. I ended up having to have it lanced which was probably the worst experience ever. I spent about 3 to 4 weeks going to the Dr. 2 to 3 times a week to have the gauze removed and repacked...yeah that was no fun! I tried to do as much research as possible on this and discovered that these things can cause problems for life. They typically require surgery and even that doesn't always help. But once I was released from Dr's care, I felt really good. I had minimal pain but it wasn't too bad. I have tried to be crazy careful in caring for it to keep it from coming back. In fact, I have taken so many hot baths lately, my water bill has gone through the roof! The past few days I have noticed a little more pain than usual when I sit in certain positions. However, today, I inspected it and noticed that it is starting to swell up again. This is very very very bad news as the Dr. told me before that if it came back, she was sending me to a surgeon. I had really hoped this was all done with, but I'm starting to worry again. Right now the pain is not bad at all and I can stand it. Im just afraid if I wait too long, it will get worse and not better. I'm just not sure what to do. Surgery at this point would definitely mean no exercising. That would not be good for me . Oh well, I guess all I can do is wait and see!

The husband and I will be going out tonight as he is hosting Live Team Trivia at a local sports bar. Im excited to go, but also kind of dreading it. I am going to have dinner there and I have scoped out their menu...I have to choose between a grilled chicken sandwich or a grilled chicken salad,lol. Yummy! I can do it though! No Cheeseburgers!!!!!

Current Stats Are:

1/1/10
Me: 270
Husband: 197.5

No comments:

Post a Comment